Author Topic: Vote for Matt Sorum  (Read 8301 times)

Offline gunner22

• Gunslinger
  • just a small town white boy...
NME is rating who are the greatest drummers of all times.

You can vote for Matt Sorum.

Click here to rate Matt Sorum

Please people, vote 10 stars for John Bonham, Neil Peart, Nicko McBrain and Mitch Mitchel. It's the law.  :lol:

:rockon:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:49:27 AM by gunner22 »

Offline rockneverdies519

• Pea Gun Newbie
uhhhhhh yeahhhh I want to vote matt sourm as one of the greatest drummers of all time. I mean why the hell not! He played a huge role in breaking up the best band to come along in a decade! I'd rather save my time and vote for Keith moon, Bonham, Kretz, hell even animal from the muppets before Matt! Oh well at least we got Loaded and STP reunited out of it! That was for you STP family on this lol :cheers:

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
I voted but it looks like it's a bullshit ballot anyway.

Phil Rudd is not even in the top ten nor was Bill Ward.What a crock of shit. :furious:

uhhhhhh yeahhhh I want to vote matt sourm as one of the greatest drummers of all time. I mean why the hell not! He played a huge role in breaking up the best band to come along in a decade! I'd rather save my time and vote for Keith moon, Bonham, Kretz, hell even animal from the muppets before Matt! Oh well at least we got Loaded and STP reunited out of it! That was for you STP family on this lol :cheers:

Oh my! You are one  of those people. :?

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
I love the way Matt beats them skins so it was top marks from me  ;)

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
I just gave him a ten star rating. Crappy lurkers gave him an average of 4.18, which is just above the average.  Of course, number 20, Topper Headon of The Clash, garners a paltry 4.98.

Still hoping that Matt puts out another solo while the other guys do theirs.

Offline tomass74

• Sniper Assassin
  • http://www.myspace.com/wasted_talent69
    • Wasted Talent
I voted but it looks like it's a bullshit ballot anyway.

Phil Rudd is not even in the top ten nor was Bill Ward.What a crock of shit. :furious:

Oh my! You are one  of those people. :?

There are alot of "those" people..  There are alot of people out their that don't like him... He is the weak link of VR.. He was also the weak link of Gn'R.. I ma so glad he isn't the only drummer on Slash's solo album.

Offline JonnyVR

• Gunslinger
  • Belfast Odyssey Arena- 8th June 2005
Why?? Why do "those" people not like him? He's a fucking awesome drummer

Offline Agos_VR

• Sniper Assassin
  • "A sonic trip to where -- I don't know"

Offline gunner22

• Gunslinger

I never said "Give him 10 stars."  Rate him with how many stars you want.

I too, don't think he's the ebst drumemr ever. For me the top 3 drummers ever are John Bonham, Nicko NcBrain and Neil Peart.

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
I only WISH I were in a band with Matt.  Okay, he may not be the number 1 drummer OF ALL FRICKIN TIME, eh, but he's pretty awesome.  We all know who the real weak link in VR was, eh, and it was never Matt.  If anything, those three at the core (Matt Slash Duff) create a great sound that is VR.  He and Duff are both brilliant musicians who can handle any position in a rock band.  His fills are great, the energy is there, and he's played fantastically for over 20 years.

Everyone misses a beat from time to time.  Contrast Matt with a certain frontman we will not mention.  When said frontman was falling apart on stage, the rest of VR was still holding together great.

Offline Melodyman

• Target Practice
I voted for MAtt , Top 10 score becuase he can hold down a serious groove !!

Offline gunner22

• Gunslinger
Hey guys, I edited my original post with a direct link to Matt Sorum.

Offline Agos_VR

• Sniper Assassin
  • "A sonic trip to where -- I don't know"
I only WISH I were in a band with Matt.  Okay, he may not be the number 1 drummer OF ALL FRICKIN TIME, eh, but he's pretty awesome.  We all know who the real weak link in VR was, eh, and it was never Matt.  If anything, those three at the core (Matt Slash Duff) create a great sound that is VR.  He and Duff are both brilliant musicians who can handle any position in a rock band.  His fills are great, the energy is there, and he's played fantastically for over 20 years.

Everyone misses a beat from time to time.  Contrast Matt with a certain frontman we will not mention.  When said frontman was falling apart on stage, the rest of VR was still holding together great.

why do you have to "attack" Weiland to "defend" Sorum? Matt has his own skills and good things of which you can hold on to talk about... you don't need Scott to make him look good...
and if we need/want to find the "weak link", look around, was Scott? There was no weak link on VR... they were a solid band

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
There are alot of "those" people..  There are alot of people out their that don't like him... He is the weak link of VR.. He was also the weak link of Gn'R.. I ma so glad he isn't the only drummer on Slash's solo album.

If the band had a "weak link," it has been pulled it from the chain.  I happened to like Scott, myself.  I felt that he does really well in STP.  He was a great alternative singer, but I never believed that he was the right fit for a hard rock band.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan

If the band had a "weak link," it has been pulled it from the chain.  I happened to like Scott, myself.  I felt that he does really well in STP.  He was a great alternative singer, but I never believed that he was the right fit for a hard rock band.

I agree with you on every point made. ;)

Matt is an awesome drummer.I never said that he was the best drummer.I just happen to like him.He deserves a higher rating than most of those drummers listed.He definitely deserves it more than  Adler who was  the weakest link in the original GN'R. ;)

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
Omigosh!  Now you're trashing Adler!  I don't believe this.  Steve was my favorite member of the original GnR lineup, though I admit that his drug problem did become a problem for the band.

Once the high energy output of Steve was gone, I think that the band went downhill, even with Matt's skill level.  The crazy, wild side was gone.  When Izzy left, I think that took away a lot of the writing ability of the band.  When Axl stopped taking Slash's input on songs, that was also a downer.  Obviously, when Duff and Matt left the band, GnR wasn't even touring, and there was nothing left of the band. 

Now that we've got the core of that band in VR, I think that we're good. Dave shows tremendous skill and energy on stage.  I think that, with a high energy frontman, we should be back in business, eh.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan

Now that we've got the core of that band in VR, I think that we're good. Dave shows tremendous skill and energy on stage.  I think that, with a high energy frontman, we should be back in business, eh.

That's the best thing that you said out of that entire post :lol:

Offline gunner22

• Gunslinger
Hey guys, any news of Matt?

In his website, I saw that  he's gonna be on Sammy Hagar's new video, and today he posted on his website:

"Hey friends,
Me and Ace had a great night lastnight at Perry Farrells 50th Bday party. Had a great jam with Perry, Billy Idol,Debra Harry, Tom Morello, and many more. Very loose and fun as it should be. Here is a pic with me and Idol
Matt"

But I mean, Duff's been busy with Loaded, Slash's been busy with his solo album, but what about Matt? Is he doing anything musically right now, or he is on vacation? Maybe a Camp Freddy album?

Thanx already.

PS - I didn't want to create a new thread just to ask for news of Matt, so I'm using my thread...

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Matt is making up for lost time. :lol:  Now he has a glamorous life keeping up with his daughter and her group. :lol:

Offline Chrissie

• Pea Gun Newbie
Now he has a glamorous life keeping up with his daughter and her group. :lol:

Was that suppose to be funny?

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict

Hey I laughed.  I guess they all can't be brilliant posts like yours, Chrissie.   :roll:  Are you gonna contribute anything else?   Or was that supposeD to be it?   

Offline Chrissie

• Pea Gun Newbie

Hey I laughed.  I guess they all can't be brilliant posts like yours, Chrissie.   :roll:  Are you gonna contribute anything else?   Or was that supposeD to be it?   

I guess I don't have a "brilliant" sense of humor like you and Vfly79. And I doubt Matt would find it funny that Ace is being mentioned as his daughter. 

Offline Mama T.

• Pea Gun Newbie

I guess I don't have a "brilliant" sense of humor like you and Vfly79. And I doubt Matt would find it funny that Ace is being mentioned as his daughter. 

I totally agree with you Chrissie!!!

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
Not cool, bud.  Yeah, Matt's super busy with his cool store (everybody go there and look at his cool threads) and his musical stuff.  He's a super good musician.  If you haven't picked up your copy of Hollywood Zen, now's a good time, eh.  Pretty much everything on that CD is decent.