To keep the forum a fun and enjoyable place for everyone, we ask you to follow this set of rules and guide lines. Failure to comply with them will result in warnings, and possibly even a ban if the behaviour persists/is severe enough.General Behaviour
Copyright Protected MaterialMembership
- Respect others. Do not insult or ridicule them. This does not only apply to forum members, but also to people outside of this community.
- If you have a complaint about other members, don't post it on the forum, but contact an administrator about it.
- Personal conversation belongs in PMs and not in topics.
- This is a Velvet Revolver community, not a fantasy website. Posts that cross the line in taste and common sense will not be tolerated.
- Stay away from discussions that you don't like. No matter how convicted you are about something, there's always people who will disagree, no matter how often you state your point.
- No trolling allowed. If you are here only to cause trouble, your stay will be a short one.
- Respect the band members and their families' personal life.
- Be careful what information you share on the forum. We are not responsible for your safety, but would like to remind you that this is a public forum, so your posts will be visible to A LOT of people.
Topics & Posting
- You are only allowed one account on the forum. Any additional accounts will be deleted without warning.
- Banned means banned. Letting banned members (ab)use your account will result in a ban for you as well.
- If you have any problems with your account, feel free to contact us by e-mail and we'll do everything we can to help you.
- When creating a topic, use a clear and descriptive subject.
- Try to stick to the topic's subject with your posts.
- The Search function is there to be used. Please check if there's already another topic about the subject you want to post about.
- Post only in ENGLISH. If your English isn't perfect, don't worry about it, many of us are from non-English speaking countries.
- DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS!
- Posts containing only smileys will be removed.
- Please don't bump old topics just to say "I agree", "great", "WOW!!!!!1", etc.
- Excessive drooling offer little in the way of contributing positively to the forum and is not welcome here.
- No pornography.
- Spamming - in any way, shape or form - is not allowed.
- You are free to promote your own web site or band through the Links & Mailing Lists and It's A Long Way To The Top boards respectively, but if you do so, don't go on and slag the very place that gives you this opportunity.
- Please make an effort into making this message board a place of substance.
- Moderators have the authority to issue warnings, so please take them seriously if they say you're in violation of on of our rules/guide lines!
- The notion of free speech is of course honoured, but only as long as it's not used in a defamatory way, and since we are a Velvet Revolver and music forum first and foremost, we reserve the right to lock and/or remove discussions of certain sensitive topics such as religion and politics if we feel that they add nothing to the community except discord and a bad atmosphere.
- Please use the report link in posts/personal messages if there is a problem you want to bring to the moderators' attention.
- Do not steal other people's bandwidth - if you want to share a picture, but don't have a web site to host it on yourself, use a free image host such as www.imageshack.us.
- Signatures & Avatars
If you don't have the software to edit images, you can use free online services such as www.picresize.com or www.gifworks.com (for animated GIFs).
- Your signature can contain a maximum of one image. Its total size - image and/or text - must be kept within 500px wide and 100px high, and not exceed 500 KB in filesize.
- Avatars can be up to 70 x 70px and 100 KB.
If you have a slow Internet connection, you can disable viewing of signatures and/or avatars in your profile to reduce loading times.
- No scripting languages allowed in posts or profiles.
- The forum software has a lot of features and functions, so we advice everyone to take the time to study how they work in the Help Files and tailor the forum's appearance and behaviour to your preference. If there's anything you need further help with, feel free to ask your question in this board.