Author Topic: 2007-05-19 - Rock On The Range - Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus, OH, USA  (Read 12115 times)

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~
Attention people,

Thanks to Tracye for giving me the heads up...indeed, the Doubletree people HAD NO IDEA that Rock on the Range was advertising them, and the following page: http://rockontherange.com/test/tickets.html is misleadingThere are no t-shirts involved, and they do not have a so-called Bronze, Silver, or Gold package.  They have a "block of rooms" and you have to call them to get it.  This will not be listed on ticketmaster with the tickets.

Un-freaking-believable.

The person at Doubletree said that until random people started to call them to ask about it (when I called and when Tracye called, they said they didn't know about it, and that ticketmaster was most likely offering it through their website), they didn't even know they were involved.  And the reservation people also said they were a "few" rooms left...

Offline Tracye

• Pea Gun Newbie
I saw on the ROTR forum page that as of this afternoon, there were only 3 rooms left at Doubletree, so I hope everyone who wanted one there was able to grab them before they were all gone!  The countdown has definitely begun!!! If I counted right, it's only:  Exactly 70 days!  WOO HOO!!! :D

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
I ordered the silver package today (march 16) and it is listing the Hyatt as the hotel.  Anyways, it says two tickets, two shirts, and a king bed at the Hyatt for 2 nights.

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~
Ugh, totally read it wrong.  VR before Evanescence?!    :evil:

MAIN STAGE:

Breaking Benjamin - 1:15pm
Buckcherry - 2:20pm
Three Days Grace - 3:30pm
Chevelle - 4:40pm
Hinder - 6:00pm
Velvet Revolver - 7:15pm
Evanescence - 8:35pm
ZZ Top - 9:55pm

"Mad Packers" Second Stage:
Whitestarr - 12:00pm
2 Cents - 12:45pm
Operator - 1:50pm
Black Stone Cherry - 3:00pm
Puddle of Mudd - 4:10pm
Papa Roach - 5:20pm
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:21:50 PM by Bella.Bowie »

Offline Rik

• Gunslinger
    • http://www.velvet-revolver.com
Did anyone go to this show?

Offline superdave

• Target Practice
    • http://db.etree.org/pearlpilotinchains
i woulda gone, but i didnt want to have to sit through buckcherry, hinder, and papa roach.  its the first vr show in ohio that ive missed.

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
It was mediocre. Sound was off.  Columbus crowd was garbage (wouldn't be surprised if VR never plays there again).  Most of the crowd was sitting down for VR's performance, but they all acted like they wanted to see them.  When they came on, the crowd died.  Scott said they looked like they were waiting for steak dinners and he said "I ain't delivering it!" 

Set List:
Let it roll
DIFTK
Sucker train
She Builds Quick Machines
Last Fight
Just 16
Vasoline
FTP
SMF
It's So Easy
Slither

Offline VR fan88

• Gunslinger
  • You cant escape this beast inside
Its so easy?? really? damnit...although the set list here is really small compared to the show friday..we got 5 more songs

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice

Offline superdave

• Target Practice
    • http://db.etree.org/pearlpilotinchains
phew!  good thing i didnt go to that show.  it sounds like the crowd sucked bigtime.  i wish they woulda played a small theater instead of that stupid festival.....

Offline Slashead

• Straight Shooter

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
The crowd sounded really lame. That probably explains the short set.

Offline VR fan88

• Gunslinger
  • You cant escape this beast inside
I hope they play Its so Easy tues....

Offline VRluvr

• Target Practice
I was at the show in Columbus, and it did seem like there were few VR fans in the crowd.  I waited down front all day through a lot of bullshit just to see VR.  They came out on time and seemed to be having a great time on stage.  I will try to post pics later ...
I had a Slash moment after the show.  He was getting into the van to leave the venue (just missed getting an autograph).  I was able to see him clearly inside the van and was able to tell him that I love VR and I love him.  He acknowledged me with a beauthiful smile (that truly rocked my world!) and what seemed like a shy shrug.  Matt rushed by us, got into the van and then they left the venue. 

I just love those guys and always feel fortunate when I can see them live.
Rock On!  Heather

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~
Agreed.  I wanted to punch the audience with a giant fist.  They wouldn't even raise their hands or sing along to the classics.  Even Scott commented on it between songs, that's how dead everyone was.  They basically went all the way to Ohio to zero reception, because they were totally out of place among the nu-metal fans.

Granted, these people were drunk as hell by the time their set came around (we saw people carried out by the dozen by 4pm), but no excuse to give no energy at all...just really insulting.

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
This show makes me not want to go to Virgin Festival.. I'd rather go to NJ and see VR/AIC!  Anyways, Hinder came on before VR and they are fucking trash..yet, everyone there knew their songs.  I felt kinda weird being the only one who would scream out "Went to fast, I'm out of luck..and I don't even give a fuck!"

And it pissed me off that everyone was cheering for VR before and after they came on, but during the set it was a funeral!

Offline Boomy

• Staff
  • Why'd ya have to go and let it die?
http://www.989thebear.com/BEARGALLERY/tabid/83/mid/509/GalleryID/70/Default.aspx

If you go to the bottom of the page there are some pictures of VR on stage. They were taken by a local radio station that had a contest to take a trip from Indiana to Columbus.

I could not go as I had to work early the next morning. However, I'm not so sure I would've gone anyway. I would have been bleeding from the ears because of most of the bands on the line-up -- and not in a good way.